Plum & Ashby Competition Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS COMPETITION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. 1. THE PROMOTION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF EUROPE, WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE/PROVIDENCE OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY ENTERING THIS COMPETITION, EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU AGREE TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES BY BINDING ARBITRATION AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 11 BELOW. BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Competition is open only to legal residents of Europe who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority in their country of residence, whichever is older) with access to the internet at all times during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below) and subsequent Prize Award Period (as defined below). (“Plum & Ashby” or “Sponsor”) and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, and agents (all of the foregoing together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as “Sweepstakes Entities”), suppliers, printers, advertising and promotional agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not) are ineligible to enter or win this Competition. VOID OUTSIDE THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. By participating in this Competition, you agree to fully and unconditionally accept and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
3. COMPETITION ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: During the Competition Period you may enter this Competition by using one of the following means of entry set forth below. Each entry whether an On-Line Entry (Europe) shall be considered an “Entry” under this Competition and all such entries shall together constitute “Entries” under this Competition.
All Entries become the property of Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. Entries displaying or containing profanity or that are obscene or otherwise inappropriate (as determined by Sponsor) will be disqualified, as will Entries that violate copyright laws or infringe on any third party rights. Multiple Entries by an individual person in excess of the preceding limitations or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of the person and void all Entries related to such conduct. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. Entries must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email account, as applicable, used to enter this Competition will be deemed to be the entrant. An “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain or website associated with the submitted e-mail address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the Entry will be deemed ineligible. By submitting an Entry, you (1) give Competition Entities the right to publish your Entry, including your name and/or email address, on the Sponsor’s websites and/or other public websites; and (2) assign all ownership rights and usage rights to your Entry to the Competition Entities.
5. PUBLICITY: As a condition of Entry into the Competition, except where prohibited by law, each entrant by entering and each Winner by accepting a Prize grants to Competition Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees, all right, title and interest in and to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Competition entrant’s name, address (city and state/province), biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”), in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional notice, review, compensation, permission or approval.
The potential Winner will be notified via email to the email address submitted with his/her Entry, within seventy-two (72) hours after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. At the sole discretion of Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Winner’s failure to respond to Winner notification by telephone or email within seventy-two (72) hours after its transmission; (2) the return of a notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts; (3) a potential Winner’s failure to timely provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a potential Winner’s failure to execute and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days after its transmission, if and as applicable; (5) a potential Winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by 30 days of entry; (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason or in the event of prize forfeiture, Sponsor may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, award or not award a Prize (defined below) to an alternate potential Winner selected at random.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZES.
THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES (INCLUDING ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, PARTNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, MANAGERS, RELATED FINANCING PARTIES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR CLAIMS, INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH AND BODILY INJURY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, RESULTING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE AWARDING, DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, POSSESSION, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF ANY PRIZE; PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR TRAVEL OR FROM ANY INTERACTION WITH, OR DOWNLOADING OF, COMPUTER SWEEPSTAKES INFORMATION.
8. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering or participating in the Competition, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Sponsor’s websites, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants waive the right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes itself. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY ENTERING THIS COMPETITION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMEPTITION ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, PARTNERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL INJURIES, CLAIMS, LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED TRAVEL OR OTHER ACTIVITY, OR ENTRANT’S FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES OR FROM ANY INTERACTION WITH, OR DOWNLOADING OF, COMPUTER SWEEPSTAKES INFORMATION.
EACH ENTRANT (INCLUDING WINNER AND GUEST) ASSUMES ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR ALLEGEDLY CAUSED BY: (A) PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION OR ANY COMPETITION RELATED ACTIVITY OR TRAVEL; (B) THE AWARDING, DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, POSSESSION, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF ANY PRIZE; (C) ANY INTERACTION WITH, OR DOWNLOADING OF, COMPUTER SWEEPSTAKES INFORMATION; (D) ENTRANT’S FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES
In addition to the foregoing, Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Competition; (3) any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries regardless of the circumstances; or (4) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, or the selection or notification of Winner. Further, if, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor's sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select Winner from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at Sponsor's sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such Entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
AN ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE(S) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. INDEMNIFICATION: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION EACH ENTRANT AGREES: (A) TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR; AND (B) TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, PARTNERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' AND LEGAL FEES) AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND THAT ARISE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF OR FROM: (1) THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) RECEIPT, USE, MISUSE OR REDEMPTION OF ANY PRIZE; (3) PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES OR TRAVELS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PROPERTY LOSS, DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED TO ANY PERSON(S)).
11. DISPUTES: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM WITHOUT REGARD TO THE CONFLICTS OF LAW DOCTRINE OF ANY JURISDICTION. THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE RELATING THERETO SHALL BE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM RELATING TO SUCH DISPUTE (“CLAIM”) IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC. (“JAMS”), IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN UNITED KINGDOM. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT SHALL IN NO EVENT INCLUDE LAWYERS’ FEES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANTS, WINNERS, OR GUESTS BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES AND WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. ENTRANTS, WINNERS, AND GUESTS SHALL NOT BE PERMITTED TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW ALL DISPUTES AND CLAIMS SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
13. SPONSOR: Plum & Ashby, Unit 7 Dorma Trading Park, Staffa Road, London, E10 7QX.
TM & © 2016 Plum & Ashby. All rights reserved.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Plum & Ashby Competition Terms and Conditions