Customer Service Adviser
Plum & Ashby was founded by two friends, Vicky White and Freya Nicholson, in 2014. Over the years, the duo has created a luxurious home and body collection that is made in England using the finest natural ingredients.
Behind each unique fragrance lies an uncompromising commitment to quality. All products are subjected to rigorous testing before being bottled in glass and wrapped in sustainable packaging.
Plum & Ashby is headquartered in Hampshire and stocked in retailers worldwide. The full range of Plum & Ashby products are available to purchase online at plumandashby.co.uk.
As a Customer Service Advisor, you will be personally driven to delight our customers in every interaction you have with them. Whether it’s our B2C or B2B customers, you will understand that delivering exceptional customer service is pivotal to the success of our business, and a core element of our brand.
This role has two key areas of responsibility: Online customer service and wholesale customer service.
Online Customer Service
- You will be the first point of contact for customers using the website. We have a central system that all forms of contact feed into - emails, live chat, Facebook messenger and Instagram comments. This needs to be managed constantly throughout the day, ensuring all communication is answered within 2-3 hours where possible and that customers are updated regularly regarding any ongoing queries.
- Responding to product and order queries via telephone alongside taking orders and accepting payment over the telephone. We encourage a very friendly chatty telephone manner, where we are always giving the customer the best possible service.
- We don’t get many returns but when we do, you’ll need to manage the returns process, ensuring all returns are processed within 24 hours of arrival and the customer is notified of the refund or exchange.
- Passing on any faulty product issues to the Supply Chain Coordinator and ensuring the customer has a replacement or has been reimbursed accordingly so they are left feeling overwhelmed by the good service, and not thinking of the faulty product.
- Responding to any customer complaints from the site and feeding them back to the team as appropriate.
Wholesale Customer Service
- Replying to any questions stockists might have about our products, prices or delivery information via email or over the phone. Our trade business forms about 60% of our business and we have about 400+ stockists that we like to give as much support to as possible.
- Act as the first point of contact for our stockists. Emails and live chats will also feed into the central customer service system that needs to be managed constantly for wholesale alongside online, ensuring all communications as responded to within 2-3 hours.
- Comfortably answer questions on best sellers and know when stock deliveries will be arriving by liaising with the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Processing email orders and communicating back to the customers at the point of order of any out of stock items to avoid any disappointment or having to back order the items.
- Proactively and accurately updating our stockist list and customer database ensuring two stockists under the same postcode don’t clash; including replying to potential stockists that would like to stock Plum & Ashby.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Customer service experience is preferable but not essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including a confident, friendly and chatty telephone manner and positive approach to building relationships and working collaboratively.
- Impeccable attention to detail, spelling, punctuation and grammar; both written and verbal.
- A drive to make every customer’s experience the best one possible.
- A keenness to get on with problems, think proactively and deliver to deadlines.
- Good IT skills and a willingness to learn new systems.
If you think you might have the right skills then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org